October 16, 2013 -8:00-5pm Location: St. Louis Park Police Department
Instructor: Jonathan Bundt, M.A.
Cost: $125/Member and $150/Non Member
To register go to http://www.regonline.com/ATOM2013
- Understanding of major and severe forms of mental illness
- Develop a practical assessment plan in dealing with mental illness
- Learn specific intervention techniques for managing a person in crisis
- To know: Who they are. Why they are there. And why they do what they do..so you have more options.
- Mental illness is not a crime; it is a brain disease. And there is minimal correlation between mental illness and a person’s participation in crime.
- Most people with mental illnesses are fully functioning community members.
- Mental illness nd the person are not one and the same. Your safety will always be a critical factor