September 17, 2019
St. Louis Park Police Dept.
POST Approved 8 Credits Course # 9038-0191
$150 Member, $175 Non Member
To register go to http://www.regonline.com/atom2019
This course meets the POST learning objectives: Recognizing and Valuing Community Diversity and Cultural Differences to Include Implicit Bias Training.
This course will touch on all aspects and meet requirements of the Minnesota POST Board 2018 Implicit Bias, Community Diversity, Cultural Differences In-Service Learning Objectives, with an emphasis on understanding of cultural awareness, implicit bias, and applications from the individual through the agency and into the community.
Course overall learning goals
- Increased cross-cultural awareness
- Create an understanding of implicit bias
- Provide historical cultural and institutional context to bias
- Renewed commitment to cultural competence
- Equip Officers to lead conversations across differences
- Proactively create cultures of success
Inservice learning objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of race relations and their impact on policing practices
- Demonstrate understanding of implicit and explicit bias
- Demonstrate understanding of impartial policing