September 17, 2019
St. Louis Park Police Dept.
POST Approved 8 Credits Course # 9038-0191
$150 Member, $175 Non Member
To register go to http://www.regonline.com/atom2019
This course meets the POST learning objectives: Recognizing, Valuing Community Diversity and Cultural Differences, Conflict Management and Mediation.
Course Description: Implicit Bias, Cultural Awareness, and Conflict Management are knowledge and “soft-skills” gained and utilized daily by law enforcement officers. This course will help officers hone those skills through better understanding and practice of these subjects in context of their career, personal lives, agencies, and communities. We take the stigma out of sensitive subjects through a relaxed, fun, and thought provoking atmosphere.
Course overall learning goals
- Increased cross-cultural awareness
- Create an understanding of implicit bias
- Provide historical cultural and institutional context to bias
- Renewed commitment to cultural competence
- Equip Officers to lead conversations across differences
- Proactively create cultures of success
In-service learning objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of race relations and their impact on policing practices
- Demonstrate understanding of implicit and explicit bias
- Demonstrate understanding of impartial policing